The mystery of evil
M Winther
2016-06-22 06:26:26 UTC
In view of the recent Orlando massacre, my article about evil nature is
relevant. To acquire intellectual understanding helps against the
anxiety caused by such events, if one is prepared to make an effort.

"Mysterium Iniquitatis -- The mystery of evil"

Abstract: Shadow projection, as the transference of personal
inferiority, and the related concept of sin transference, lie at the
heart of the mystery of evil. Destructive projection does not depend on
"misunderstandings" in the micro-social context, nor on instinctual
predatory instincts. It is an archaic method of ego emancipation by
which the transgressor's unconscious suffering is transferred to the
victim. It aims at maintaining ego firmness. Intellectuals often become
subjects of shadow projection since they are capable of thinking freely,
and may call into question the established order. It is understood as
the projection of Promethean guilt. An answer to the machinations of
evil has been formulated in Christian theology. The ego's suffering is
laid on the shoulders of Christ, who carries the sins of the world. The
Christ figure is understood as the inner Self ("life-giver"), which
serves to promote spiritual awareness ("Christ lives in me", Galatians
2). A regress to pre-Christian cultural values implies a rebound of
scapegoat psychology, as exemplified by the collective shadow psychology
of the Third Reich. The Western world is today undergoing transitions
which undermine our awareness of the spiritual Self. If our sins aren't
carried by the inner Self anymore, then they must be carried by other
human beings, with foreseeable consequences. The article investigates if
there exists an instinctual foundation of evil.

narcissism, intellectuals, scapegoatism, Christian love, Orlando massacre.

Read the article here:
http://mlwi.magix.net/iniquitatis.htm

Mats Winther

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Abhidevananda
2016-06-22 07:38:27 UTC
Post by M Winther
[...]
Perhaps if the above were stated more simply (that is, with less
jargon), it would be easier to take an interest in your article. Could
you perhaps express your basic position in layman's terms? And while
you are at it, could you explain what you see in the Orlando tragedy
that amounts to "pre-Christian cultural values"? When Christians - not
just one Christian extremist but many Christian extremists acting in
concert - carried out their crusades, inquisitions, witch-huntings,
pogroms, and holocausts, do you believe that they were somehow
reverting to "pre-Christian cultural values" (perhaps Judaic)?
M Winther
2016-07-14 04:07:58 UTC
I reason in terms of a regression to inferior psychic economy. In pagan
times, consciousness was weak, always in peril of unconscious invasion.
For the ego, it evokes immense fear, for it is formally equal to the
annihilation of the sun and the daylight world. A weak conscious
function is characteristic of the neurotic system, whether it occurs in
society or in the individual. It explains why there is a regressive
tendency toward archaic conceptions that really belong in a pagan era.
To 'sin' means to transgress against an eternal and heavenly blueprint
of creation. Accordingly, the transgressor threatens society, if not the
whole world, with cataclysmic disarray. An Islamic hadith says: "When a
man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes".

When a person or a society becomes neurotic, divided against itself, the
archaic pagan thoughtway will begin to surface. Fixation on uniformity
and regulation compensates inner disorder, as in a personality disorder,
neurosis, or a collective neurosis. The internal turmoil, characteristic
of ego weakness, is externalized by means of 'sin transference'. The
sinner must be eliminated, one way or the other, and thus the victimized
individual may carry away the sinful substance from the earthly realm.
The citizens must be made to think and act 'correctly', so that perfect
order, purity, and goodness may prevail. Goodness is equal to purity and
order.

In order for the inferior psychic economy to operate, an enemy is
required, who must be made to suffer. From this perspective, Omar Mateen
did service to the pagan god when he executed the homosexual infidels.
The reason why Islam has created so much problems throughout history is
because it is really a Pagan religion, as theologian Franz Rosenzweig
has shown.

Mats Winther